Sunday, March 15, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes!

I've got a feeling I'm going to write a lot of blogs similar to this one... Oh, where do I begin?... So, you know my kids... they're very interesting and funny and 100% honest (well, except for Talon... he's realized sometimes when he tells the truth, it gets him into trouble... Ré on the other hand constantly tells the truth, even when it's to her deficit:-/ ).
Well, anyhoo... I'm getting the kids up and ready for school this morning. The kids are sitting on my bed talking, when Talon says, "Mommy, what's 'classic' mean?" So, I proceed to explain that it involves things that are old, but good; tried and true. Something that was invented, sung, driven, written, or made a long time ago and has proven it's test of time. It was such a great thing way back when that it's lasted or stuck with us up to now. I thought it was a pretty good question and I was really impressed with my answer, b/c Talon seems to ask these intriguing questions that I never really thought about. RéAnna always asked questions about life and reality, sometimes it was difficult to explain, but for the most part I simply overwhelmed her with the knowledge I carried.
Talon on the other hand asks things like, 'how does the picture come on the tv?' or 'why did dinosaurs eat meat when Jehovah made them to be nice?'. You know, stuff that I really don't know quite how to explain to a 5 year old boy that seems to maybe not be listening to me anyway, I just take for granted that someone else figured it out.
Well, after about 10-15 minutes of me fixing my hair, I hear Talon holler from the bedroom, "Mom! You're Classic!" .....hhhmmmmmm???? Then, I hear RéAnna yell back, "Talon. You just called Mommy old! I mean she is up there and she knows quite a bit..."
Thanks Guys! Now there was something else that happened this morning... Something Ré did that was funny... I just can't remember what it was... GGGRRRRR!!! Maybe I am getting old... UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment