Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Indianapolis Zoo

Again, another wonderful trip. Though, I feel our Columbus Zoo (Jack Hannah's) is the best, this one had a few other things to offer that ours doesn't. Like the Dolphin Dome! We got to see the dolphin show- uh, amazing! I love dolphins. And the walrus! Well, you'll see in the pics why I'm lovin' him. And the polar bear was breathtaking. So, here ya go...

Sleepin'... again...





You know, I've never seen them actually cleaning out the tank before. That was kinda neat.

This here was one of the coolest things (and of course, Talon's favorite!) We were able to pet sharks! They were 'dog sharks' and sooooo awesome. They really liked being petted. In fact, this one that Talon's petting would come around and flip over onto his backside so that you could rub his belly! Too cute. I have a newfound admiration/appreciation for sharks... well, at least these guys.
Oddly enough, they had eyeballs like ours. I thought that was kinda creepy b/c I just thought they'd have like black eyes or something and then they kept moving them around like we do. Just FYI.










Isn't he beautiful?! I thought so.




Ahhhh. The walruses. These guys were in my top 3 of favorites.

They kept swimming around in the same pattern. The neat thing that we witnessed was that when they went back to what we thought was them wading in one spot, they were actually STANDING on their fins. I thought they had one tail fin, but they actually have two that are more like FEET! See?
Can you see the top of him and the bottom where his feet are standing up? That was sooo cool. They're so awesome.

This was the dolphin dome where you could walk under and see the dolphins swimming around. It was really hard getting a photo b/c they're super fast! So I took a shot of the dome and then just enjoyed what I was seeing. :-)
The coolest thing was that some of them were seperated into other tanks but they kept constantly hanging out and talking to each other. They'd swim away for like 10 seconds and then come right back and start talking again. I wonder what they were saying.... Aren't you glad Jehovah created everything soooo different, just for our enjoyment?!
And then there was the amazing dolphin show!
This was the splash zone. Andre, Tony and the kids sat there. I sat in the bleachers in the middle to get good pictures. Now I wish I woulda had them sitting with me b/c they couldn't really see what was going on until the dolphins came their way.
You see? I'm not sure they were feelin' that...They had this 'bio' area where everything in it was an entire 'desert' ecosystem. So, when you went in (including the weather/temp) made you feel you were in a desert.

Seeing a 3d ride... hhhmmm... Since when did they get "rides" at a zoo? We rode a little baby roller coaster, too. The kids loved it. Re is VERY skeptical of everything, but once she does it she doesn't want to stop!
These were so close you could feed them.



This guy has the best job EVER! Lazy thing! He barely moved to swat a fly...

Momma,
And the baby. I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment